Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Booster Up-date

I have spent the better part of 8 hours trying to get the booster just up-loaded to Shapeways.
It seems every time I try to do this, the site crashes on me. And when the model finally gets up loaded , every time I try to see if it passed its checks, it crashes on me.

Shapeways, says they are having issues with their site. So I don't know how much of all of this is, issues with the model. What I do know is, it takes over 10 minutes to up-load the model which starts the shop file for it as well. Then it can take up to an hour or more for it to scan the model.

So you understand where this is going, I then need to fix all the errors one at a time. Up-load, scan etc... So roughly at the very least 1 hours worth of time just to fix one wall thickness error.


Now from what I did see, some of my problem areas shouldn't even be an issue. So I do not understand why they are being flagged as to thin. There is something happening to my booster rockets that I do not understand yet either. Most likely has to do with groupings with the model. But the Rocket bell's are covered when exported in .obj format.

A part of me thinks that after the 15th when Shapeways makes their changes to their product line, most of these issues should be resolved. If I do this is detailed plastic, odds are I will not have any errors. But then it will go from a $80+ print to over $200.

I'll try working on this tomorrow. Maybe shapeways will be stable then.

Oh, it passed for Ultra Frosted Detail, just the crawler and its price point is $310. Are you F'ing serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment