Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Up-date

I am still plugging way with the BattleStar Galactica game. I just figured out a smoother way to handle a good portion of the game mechanics. Which will mean a very big over haul of what I already have in place. So technically I am on V3 now since I announced I was doing this project.

Earlier this week, I received the Cylon Guardian Base Star Kit. Its already assembled and painted, I need to hit it with a clear coat before I weather it. I also now have 4 Cylon Tankers that need to be assembled and painted. Plus 30 Cylon Fighters (Razor).

In other news, I am on the verge of buying a 3D Printer. This last batch of 80mm flight stands I created on Shapeways ran a good $75. Since I was about to purchase easily another $75 in flight stands well, it is time in invest in a printer. 

On top of all of this I m following the Kickstarter Giant Killer Robots Heavy Hitters from Weta Workshop. GKR Heavy Hitters This gatme looks like a lot of fun! Please Check it out, count on me making up-graded pieces for this game in the near future. Yes, I am a Backer!  =)

So this Kickstarter reminded of the time I was going to apply to Weta Workshop when they were in production of the Lord of the Rings. Needless to say, I missed that window to apply by a few weeks.
But this Kickstarter reminded me of this so I thought I would check out to see if they are hiring.

Over the Past week I have been pulling art work, projects, 3D models, 3D prints and etc...  Because they are looking for Concept Designers, Artists, Modelers etc... I am building a care package of goodies for them to look over. Hopefully I can stand out enough in a good way that they will remember me.

From the info on the Weta website only 5-10 people are chosen a year out of a 1,000 plus applicants.
With the studio launching their GKR board game and hopefully expanding this department. I just can't ignore all of these signs to not apply.  I know its a long shot, I know it would require moving a long way but its a once in a life time moment. Besides what is one more move, I quit counting my moves after it reached 24.

I will post more in the next week. I just need to get this package dressed up a little before it heads over to my New Zealand Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment