Friday, January 3, 2014

About Reckless Terrain & Miniatures


How Reckless Terrain & Miniatures came about:

I originally started working on this project because I wanted to have nice buildings for my tabletop game. As it turns out there has been a demand for themed 6mm buildings and structures for table top games like Battletech (tm) & Robotech RPG Tactics (tm). After tinkering around with the Shapeways web-site and a few 3D models of mine. The dream can now become a reality.

 My goals with Reckless:

1st and foremost is to build 6mm themed buildings to fluff up my table top while making it as cost effective as possible for 3D printing when ever possible. As an example, one test vehicle I did had a price of $ 4.18 per model. When I made it available as a 4 pack it dropped the price closer to $ 2.50 - $ 2.75 per model. These buildings will be hallow much like a monopoly board game house. The walls and roofs will be on average a little over 1mm thick, where most windows and doors will be closer to .7mm in thickness. I do intend on making more buildings of different heights, widths and sizes so not every building looks the same.

The Future of Reckless: 

I am planning on doing vehicle packs but I am still trying to get used to the constraints on 3D modeling with Shapeways so the item can be safely printed and yet keep the cost down. I am going to look into doing building packs as well to see if I can drive the cost down per building. I am currently looking at putting a civilian vehicle in with some of the buildings as an added bonus. I also have a few ideas about more themed modeling packs but that is classified for the time being.


What can I bring to the 6mm table top gaming community?

In my younger years I spent countless hours and money into playing Warhammer 40K going as far back as when it was only called Rouge Trader.  I am a table top gamer at heart and I have a good idea of what the players want in order to fluff up the looks of their miniatures and terrain. Trust me I have been there and often wanted items that just were not being produced. Now Finally technology has caught up to hobbyists so we can finally produce the items that we always wanted. 

My Back Ground: 

I have been a hobbyist 3D modeler since the game release of Star Fleet Command (pc) game. I quickly learned how to import new models into the game engine and was known in that community as AncientAngel. After many attempts of trying to make a Robotech Modification for Star Fleet Command. I got involved with a group of Robotech Fans that attempted to make an MMO which was known as the Robotech MMO Project. I was one of the modeling DEV's that produced most of the 3D models for the project. I also briefly got involved with a Home World Modification called, Fleet Commander in which my 3D conceptual design of the Firestar Parnassus was used in the game.

Trade Marks & IP:

Reckless Terrain and Miniatures does not contest the rights or any associated trademarked property of their respective holders. Any mention and Fair use of their property in this blog is not intended to infringe on these rights. This Web-site / Blog is completely unofficial and is not endorsed by Battletech (tm), Robotech RPG Tactics (tm), Harmony Gold (tm), Palladium Books (tm), Ninja Division(tm) and Big West (tm).



No comments:

Post a Comment