Sunday, May 3, 2015

NEWS: Star Wars Armada Coverage.

In the near future, I will be adding coverage of Star Wars Armada to this blog site. I originally got involved with writing a gamer's blog when Star Wars X-wing came out. Being 30 minutes away from Fantasy Flight Games and the total lack of information out there about the game made it an easy choice for me. I eventually dropped the blog and the game shortly after Wave 3 when I realized there was going to be no signs of the larger Imperial Star Destroyers. Deep down I knew that was an unrealistic for the X-wing game and I eventually sold all of my miniatures to get into Robotech Tactics.

Well now I have come full circle again. A fleet scale Star Wars game is now available and from the game play video's I have watched. I can not just sit back and not play this game. The feel and simplicity of the game is beyond elegant. It is heavily immersed in tactics, it doesn't seem like it at first look but their are layers of tactics through out the entire game design. Pre-painted Miniatures that are already assembled with a good amount of detail, is very hard to beat. It allows players to just jump in and play instead of taking a few weeks to just assemble your fleet.

You might be wondering what this means for Robotech Tactics on this site. I will continue to design and build stuff for the game but not at the pace I have been doing it. I am suffering from a mild degree of burn out. It is a lot of work with next to no pay.

I might start designing items for Star Wars Armada to help flush out a table top some time down the road. I don't know, it is time to just play for a bit and recover from a long project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment