Saturday, May 2, 2015

Up-Date: Shapeways: HeavyLifter 3 Pack Failure.

Well I got a nice E-mail From Shapeways the other day saying they had a print failure with the Heavy Lifter 3 Pack.
 
I have stated this before, I do not know what Shapeways is doing to these models when they clean them up. I have had only 3 of these Heavy Lifters fail from Shapeways including this batch. One of them, they actually sent to the customer which is not right! It seems they can print these out fine if they are done one at a time. I am afraid I am going to have to pull the 3 pack down because they obviously can't do it.  I know, it is the most cost effective way to get these Heavy Lifters but the madness has to end some where. Thankfully the customer was credited back for this failure by Shapeways. But when I have customers buy something that has passed all of their checks and tolerances. Yet some how gets damaged in the cleaning process, it is unacceptable. I don't like customers taking the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment