Saturday, October 17, 2015

Garfish: Possible Final.

Just when I thought I might be done. It was brought to my attention the heavy lift thrusters that was used in "Ghost Town" to get this ship off the ground. This also reminded me of the door to get into the Garfish. I put three heavy lift thrusters on the lower side of the hull both on the port and starboard sides. Four forward and only two aft.
The doors are just a little forward of the very front port and starboard windows. I did put in probably more detail into them than you can see here in the render.

I also did a test 1/2400 scale on Shapeways this afternoon to see how much it would cost in Frosted Ultra Detail.
It would cost a little over $36 and be 3 inches in length. In White Plastic it would be $8 and a lot of tweaking to get it to print. The amount of detail put into this ship would disappear.

Minor Up-date: I redesigned the turret with a rounded peg that will be inserted into the turret's base. My hope is that this can be magnetized to give us some turret rotation

No comments:

Post a Comment