Sunday, May 22, 2016

Good News! Card Protectors & Standard Ship Control Panels

So this afternoon I drove out to Fantasy's Flights Game Center and picked up all the FFG's Card Protectors for the game.
I can now report that the Standard Ship Control Panel Can Handle FFG's Card Protectors. The Alternative Art Ship Panel should be able to do it as well. Since I used the same card surface area when I designed it.

The Fighter Control Panels on other hand are to small to currently handle them with the protectors.

So my future plans in the next few days is to make adjustments to all of these control panels to be able to accept card protectors. I am also going to bump up the thickness of these panels by another .5 mm - 1mm to strengthen them and allow the card to seat into this space better. Due to the added thickness of the card protector.

I may also cut out a small hole in this area to allow a person to tap/push a card out of this space for easier removal. Plus this will help cut the printing cost down.


No comments:

Post a Comment