Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Busy week

I took the past few nice days that we have had to get some much need house work done. It is hard to believe that it is in the 50-60's here in Minnesota. Since all of my windows are already open, I tackled re-staining some window sills and reconditioning some of my living room tables and then sealing them up with two layers of poly coat.

I did find some time, later tonight to answer a few questions on some of the stuff at the shapeway's store. Besides that, I broke out my digital micrometer and started measuring the Robotech Tactic's VF fighter model. I believe I have all of the measurements to now move forward on finishing off the Booster. I still need to figure out working in some attachments so the Booster portion can separate from the Crawler.

Besides all of this, there has been more stuff going on in the back ground. I really wish I could spill the beans on what is going on but I do not want to jinx it. In other news, a local miniature company, has contacted me wanting to know more about 3D printing and see some of the examples of my 3D printed objects. From what I am gathering they are looking into making master molds out of 3D printed masters instead of creating all of their miniatures by hand. It will be fun to share my experiences with what I have done with Shapeways. The technology is so close to being in place to do these sort of detailed miniatures on a level on par with what is currently out there with out a major production facility.

This has left me with thoughts on doing my own Space Combat System that is heavily inspired by Dropzone Commander & Firestorm Armada. I don't know, maybe I should just produce some 1:10,000 scale ships that could be used in Firestorm Armada.

I am also seriously thinking about only offering most of my products in Detailed Plastic. I think you getting a better print quality with this material choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment