Thursday, March 5, 2015

So so close!

It is amazing what you can get done when you have two days off. So as you can see, I have the major portion of the Launching arm roughed in. I still need to go back to smooth out some parts and add the very front connector to it yet. I will do this once I have the booster done. Again I need to tackle mating the Booster to this Launching arm. The Booster in this shot needs to be moved up slightly but it makes for a fantastic mock up shot of the two.

Time to tackle finishing up the Booster. I will also take another look at adding in some details to the lower hull of the crawler. Plus I need to make sure I hit the launching arm with some more smoothing. Speaking of Smoothing, once the Booster is done, I still need to go back and smooth out some more sections. And the Biggest pain, is going to be Fitting my Mocked in VF with Robotech Tactic's VF. Again the legs just past the intakes we be apart of the Booster. Which adds one more item to the list of things to detail out more. Getting of the parts to seat correctly is going to be a nightmare. Between Shapeways wall thickness needing to be .07mm thick and plotting out all of the measurements with a digital micrometer and building them into the mesh. Eh... FUN!

You know I thought, this launching arm would have not taken so long to mesh out. I figured a few hours and I would have the rough shape of it in place. Lol! I started meshing that section just before 10am this morning and just quit messing with it a little before 8:00 PM. Between the angles of it, multiple pictures of the actual drawing and other model kits all shot at very different angles. Well it is enough to make you batty after awhile.

So I am going to take a much needed break from working on this for the next day or two. So when I come back to it I have a fresh pair of eyes on the model again.

No comments:

Post a Comment