Thursday, March 19, 2015

Global Lifter

Well I thought I would tinker on another one of my low poly models and see what I could do with it. I scaled this aircraft so that a Heavy Lifter could fit inside it. Needless to say, this aircraft was supposed to be big to begin with. Unfortunately it is to big, the Shapeways price estimates put it at over $130 and I am two hours into shapeways checking the mesh out with no results yet.

Once it done scanning the file, I will see what needs to be corrected before doing anything else to the model. I am thinking about hollowing out the cargo area so you could put vehicles in its bay plus bring the cost down. This will mean a two part model so you can have the option to glue the bay door up in place or have it down.

I don't know, thought this wouldn't be this much of a time sink. How quickly five hours go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment