Tuesday, January 20, 2015

10 Story Office Building


I had a thought early today on a new approach to doing these buildings and thought I would try it out.
This 10 Story Office building is the result of tinkering with this idea. Designing the building out seemed to go faster, even though it still took up a good three hours before importing it into Shapeways.

I wanted to get taller buildings made that stayed under the $30 mark to build. I also wanted to give this building a little more flair. So I added in some planters around the doors so if anyone desired to do so they could add some flock here to give it the look of having shrubs. After all most cities have some greenery and not completely sterile of trees and shrubs. I know these little items of flair added on to these buildings is what gives them character. I debated on adding in vertical window lines but it just destroys the clean look of the design. Just to much going on in the model design.



No comments:

Post a Comment