Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hospital

Plenty of you have requested that I offer larger buildings. Well here is one that I just worked on today. When wouldginally posted this up on shapeways it was being priced at a very stiff $290 dollars. I since then have trimmed off $60 in excess support structures for this building.

Like I said before about Shapeways, the smaller stuff is more cost effective but still very pricy.
After all we are only talking about 705cm3 of product. Anyone with a good quality printer could print this out at roughly between .04 -.10 Cents per cm3 or $28.20 - $70.50.

This is the problem that I am always going to face using their service.
I highly doubt this model will sell since it is a hefty price of $230

up-date: 1/24/15

Due to the build cost, I have pulled this model off my Shapeways store. I was also reminded that the RDF symbol would have to be removed. The symbol I can fix easy, cutting the price down on the build is a harder issue. I may have to look into building this hospital into three sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment