Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Arament: Defender Print Failure Up-date

I just received a notification that this model pack failed to print this morning. From what they are showing me the inner Vulcan Cannon barrels are .91mm thick. So they are off by .09mm since Shapeways requires a wall thickness of 1mm. Shapeways has a built in wall thickness scanner that checks your work every time you up-load a mesh. Some how this model passed with out issue but when it came time to print the Error was caught. I am not certain if this was before or after it was printed out.

Thankfully, this all happened on my day off when I was sitting in front of my computer working on another mesh. I quickly went in and thickened all of the inner barrels and realigned them again to keep their original look. I also added a center barrel to this Vulcan Cannon so that the six barrels have more inner structural support. Two of the round disks that hold these barrels in place looked a little shy of 1mm thickness. I went back and also increased these to meet the requirements. Hopefully this corrects the issue and also prevents any future ones on this model design.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Hopefully this fixes everything.


PS: This up-dated mesh passed the Shapeways wall thickness scanner with out issues. Granted so did the last mesh, for the time being I have placed this model in Beta until I know it prints correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment