Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Crawler: Day Six

I know it some times appears that I am not getting much progress with the Crawler. Most of the changes seem minor in comparison to my Day Five Picture. I ran into to some issues with the mesh when it came time to cut into the front nose of the Crawler. I had to take a step back and redesign this section so that I could cut those series of vertical lines just right of the two bumpers. I finished out the major details on this nose section tonight while I was focused on this section. I had to readjust the crawlers rear end because it had the wrong angles. I also cut into the mesh on all three sides for that gap between the upper and lower half of the crawler. This led to some issues with the mesh that needed to be fixed. In between the crawlers tracks, I also cut into the lower hull to give it more of its saddle bag look. Also started putting in the fins on the back of the crawler, which I think might be some sort of heat sinks?

Its getting closer, next step is the turret / mount base and getting in the side details in place. After that is done, it will be time to cut into the mesh for the control arm with bucket attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment