Thursday, February 19, 2015

Crawler: At Day Five

This will most likely be my last up-date for a few days. I spent the better half of my morning and afternoon working on the Crawler. I got the suspension for the tracks in place. Add more hatches to the top side of the hull. Got some of the recessed areas in place on the sides and still plenty of work that needs to be done to the crawler.

I will need to add in some of the other smaller details to the main hull before I start working on the launcher arm. By getting the basic shape of the arm and its turret in place, it will help me better understand where I should cut into the hull for the arm with the bucket.

Other than this, I had a slight glitch with my 3D Rendering program today. Since I normally Render these Meshes in 3D Max a good chuck of the new tracks & suspension where not showing up. I Rendered it in .Obj format and they were there but I had faces in the Mesh missing. So I went back tot he original model. and regrouped a bunch of the items into different subsections. Exported to 3D Max and what do you know, the tracks reappeared again. I think I am going to be running into more issues like this soon. Currently this 3D Mesh is sitting at 155,836 Polys and is roughly 4.3 Megs in size. Thankfully Shapeways can handle 64 Meg Files and 1,000,000 Polygon Meshes.  Now the big question is how much can my Laptop Handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment