Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hospital: Modular

Finally!! I built this Mesh a few weeks ago. 1st one had an RDF logo in the circular area of this model. I was nicely reminded to remove that (tm) logo out of the mesh. Then once I up loaded it to shapeways I was hit with sticker shock $250 plus dollars for this one model. Ummmm, no!
The only way I thought I could get around the high cost was to break this model up into three sections and make it modular. Sounds easy right? lol. Yeah, not so much the case. This is why it is important to design the mesh according to your needs. It took some time to cut this model up, fix all the edges and line the modular parts up so they fit right. Then on top of all that, Shapeways wall thickness errors. Yeah, I have spent over seven hours fixing wall thickness errors. Now remember I must have a wall thickness of .7mm or it generates these Errors. I am trying to shave off as much as I can to keep the build cost down. So I am extremely happy to report, that I was NOT shot down while riding a magic bicycle and the Mesh passed its quality checks.

So by making this Hospital Modular it gives you more building options. You have more choices to design the Hospital that you want. Like pictured above in the left corner, is just the Left and Center section. Pictured on the right is all three of the Hospital pieces. Each part is available on its own and then there is the option to have the whole building set printed out. Now in making it modular it actually cut some of the cost down but all increased it a bit because of new wall sections that were needed. I also have this aavailable in Sandstone. Not sure how much abuse it can take but by far it is more reasonably priced. This will give it a sandy texture thou,

I am just happy to get this Mesh out of the way. I have another project that I have been requested to do. the VF Space Booster and Launch Pad Vehicle. So count on seeing teasers of that project soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment