Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Booster: Day 3

I was able to make a little leeway on the Atmospheric Booster this afternoon. The Main Booster is not finished yet, the lower section needs to be adjusted so you can mate a Robotech Tactics VF to it. Since that process is going to be the most time consuming  I am going to leave it till last. Now with that in mind, I also need to make sure I have the Launch Arm done as well. Because this also connects to the underside of the Booster. There is no point in adjusting this lower Booster section once, then have to go back and readjust all that work for the Launching Arm.

So I am going to divert my focus on the Crawler. I got the basic shape meshed out this afternoon and part of its track section done. I'll tackle the suspension / drive train later on. The next major area I need to tackle is the crew compartment. By getting this in place it will give me something to recheck my over all dimensions of the crawler. Every major new piece that gets added onto this mesh, helps me to readjust the mesh. When your working with 3/4 view drawings it can be difficult locked down the right proportions. What I found that works well is to mesh it out and then render the mesh out in the same 3/4 view. The over all lines and proportions should match up when you do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment